WASHINGTON – Partial highlights of a roughly $ 2.2 trillion package deal to speed assist to businesses, workers and aproperly being caremachine slammed by the coronavirus pandemic. The package deal, written by Trump administration officials and Democratic and Republican Senate leaders, used to be launched late Wednesday night time and unanimously well-liked by the Senate.
– Loans and ensures to businesses, instruct and native governments: $ 500 billion. Entails up to $ 50 billion for passenger airways, $ 8 billion for cargo carriers, $ 17 billion for “businesses excessive to striking forward nationwide safety.” Firms accepting loans may per chance per chance per chance per chance furthermore neutral now not repurchase prominent stock; must defend their employment levels as of March 13, 2020 “to the extent practicable”; and bar raises for 2 years to executives earning over $ 425,000 yearly. Firms aren’t eligible for loans if high administration officials, members of Congress or their families personal 20% retain watch over.
– Itsy-bitsy businesses: Entails $ 350 billion in loans for companies with 500 staff or fewer, together with nonprofits, self-employed folks and hotel and restaurant chains with no bigger than 500 workers per put. Govt provides eight weeks of cash assist through loans to duvet payroll, rent and assorted expenses, much of which may per chance per chance per chance per chance be forgiven if the company retains workers. Additionally $ 17 billion to assist little businesses repay unique loans; $ 10 billion for grants up to $ 10,000 for little businesses to pay working costs.
– Emergency unemployment insurance coverage: $ 260 billion. Entails extra 13 weeks of coverage for folks that personal exhausted unique advantages. Additionally covers allotment-time, self-employed, gig financial system workers. Weekly profit broaden of up to $ 600.
– Smartly being care: $ 150 billion. Entails $ 100 billion for grants to hospitals, public and nonprofit properly being organizations and Medicare and Medicaid suppliers.
– Attend to instruct and native governments: $ 150 billion, with a minimal of $ 1.5 billion for smallest states.
– Enlighten payments to folks: One-time payments of $ 1,200 per grownup, $ 2,400 per couple, $ 500 per child. Amounts start phasing out at $ 75,000 for folks, $ 150,000 per couple.
– Tax breaks: Like a flash waives penalties for virus-related early withdrawals and eases required minimal annual disbursements from some retirement accounts; increases deductions for charitable contributions. Employers who pay furloughed workers can secure tax credit rating for some of those payments. Postpones enterprise payments of payroll taxes till 2021 or 2022.
– Division of Popularity of starting place Security: $ 45 billion for a catastrophe relief fund to reimburse instruct and native governments for scientific response, community services, assorted safety measures. Extends federal closing date for folks getting driver’s licenses with enhanced safety facets, known as REAL ID, from Oct. 1, 2020, to Sept. 30, 2021.
– Training: $ 31 billion. Entails $ 13.5 billion for states to distribute to native faculties and programs, $ 14 billion to assist universities and faculties.
– Coronavirus therapies: $ 27 billion for overview and building of vaccines and therapies, stockpiling scientific provides.
– Transportation: Entails $ 25 billion for public transit methods; $ 10 billion for publicly owned commercial airports, supposed to capture 430,000 transit jobs; $ 1 billion for Amtrak.
– Veterans: $ 20 billion, together with $ 16 billion for treating veterans at VA facilities; $ 3 billion for temporary and cell facilities.
– Meals and agriculture: $ 15.5 billion for food stamps; $ 14 billion for supporting farm earnings and reduce costs; $ 9.5 billion for speak producers together with specialty vegetation, dairy and livestock; $ 8.8 billion child weight loss program. Money for food banks, farmers’ markets.
– Protection: $ 10.5 billion for Protection Division, together with $ 1.5 billion to virtually triple the 4,300 beds currently in navy hospitals; $ 1.4 billion for states to deploy up to 20,000 members of Nationwide Guard for six months; $ 1 billion beneath Protection Production Act to assist deepest industry boost manufacturing of scientific equipment. Money can now not be passe to manufacture President Donald Trump’s proposed wall along Mexican border.
– Social programs: Entails $ 3.5 billion in grants for child care and early education schemes; $ 1 billion in grants to assist communities address native financial concerns; $ 900 million in heating, cooling assist for low-earnings families; $ 750 million for added staffing for Head Commence up programs.
– Economic assist to communities: $ 5 billion in Team Pattern Block Grants to assist instruct and native governments expand properly being facilities, child care centers, food banks and senior services; $ 4 billion in assist for homeless folks; $ 3 billion for low-income renters; $ 1.5 billion to assist communities rebuild native industries together with tourism, industry provide chains, enterprise loans; $ 300 million for fishing industry.
– Native American communities: $ 2 billion forproper being care, equipment faculties and assorted wants.
– Diplomacy: $ 1.1 billion, together with $ 324 million to evacuate People and diplomats in a foreign country; $ 350 million to assist refugees; $ 258 million in global catastrophe assist; $ 88 million for the Peace Corps to evacuate its volunteers in a foreign country.
– Elections: $ 400 million to assist states put together for 2020 elections with steps together with expanded vote by mail, additional polling areas.
– Arts: $ 150 million for federal grants to instruct and native arts and humanities programs; $ 75 million for Corporation for Public Broadcasting; $ 25 million for Washington, D.C., Kennedy Heart for the Performing Arts.
– Congress: $ 93 million, together with $ 25 million for the House and $ 10 million for the smaller Senate for teleworking and assorted costs; $ 25 million for cleaning the Capitol and congressional instruct of enterprise structures.
Sources: Legislative textual whisper material, summaries from Senate Republicans and Democrats.