- The perfect blueprint to educate:
- Hear on BBC Radio 5 are residing and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport web space
Chelsea could welcome assist centre-assist Antonio Rudiger for their “knockout” Champions League tie with Lille.
Rudiger recovered from knee surgical operation to play 45 minutes of the Premier League victory at Wolves in September, sooner than struggling a separate groin peril.
Chelsea have to beat Lille to manufacture slouch qualification for the knockout phases and manager Frank Lampard says there is a “likelihood” the German could feature.
“It’s some distance correct to own him assist and he is coaching in actuality effectively,” said Lampard.
A first Champions League residence expend in six makes an strive would boom Chelsea a local within the final 16 – however counting on other results, they’d well also development with a draw against the already-eradicated French aspect.
They passed over the chance to qualify in their final recreation by failing to beat Valencia, however if the Spanish aspect lose to Crew H leaders Ajax, then Lampard’s aspect also could qualify with a point from their closing recreation.
Lampard, who used to be “upset” how his aspect conceded three dreams at Everton on Saturday, says the skilled 26-365 days-aged Rudiger “seems fit and hungry”.
Striker Olivier Giroud is unavailable and defender Fikayo Tomori also remains sidelined however the Blues boss has challenged his younger squad to “manufacture a trace”.
“I used to be lucky to own immense nights as a player and moreover they’re these that stick on your solutions,” said the membership’s narrative goalscorer.
“So or now now not it is an opportunity for the team, and specifically the younger boys, because or now now not it is reasonably fresh for them.
“Or now now not it is miles a immense recreation and moreover they’re coming thick and rapid.
“I fancy the stress of this recreation being a knockout, and if we are going to discontinuance anything true here, we have got got to own a total bunch these nights.”
- Chelsea and Lille’s easiest previous aggressive meeting in any competitors came in October of this season’s Champions League, with the London membership a hit 2-1.
- Chelsea own easiest lost one in all their eight previous residence games against French facets within the Champions League (W4 D3), even though that used to be their final such fixture, a 1-2 loss to Paris St-Germain in March 2016.
- If Chelsea qualify for the knockout phases, Frank Lampard would possibly perhaps be the first English manager to put off a team efficiently by the Champions League neighborhood stage – having taken rate of all six neighborhood games – since Harry Redknapp with Tottenham in 2010-11.
- Chelsea are winless in their final 5 Champions League games at Stamford Bridge (D4 L1), their longest bustle without a expend within the competitors on residence soil.
- Chelsea own had eight varied goalscorers within the Champions League this season – with the exception of maintain dreams, no team own had bigger than the Blues coming into this closing neighborhood recreation.
- Willian has scored 10 dreams for Chelsea within the Champions League. A diagram on this recreation would manufacture him their outright fourth most realistic scorer within the competitors, unhurried Didier Drogba (36), Frank Lampard (23) and Nicolas Anelka (12).
- Lille’s easiest expend in six away games at English facets throughout all European competitions came at Aston Villa within the Intertoto Cup in August 2002 (2-0) – they’ve failed to rating in each and each of their other 5 such fits in England (D1 L4).
- Lille own taken easiest one point within the Champions League this season (W0 D1 L4) – beneath the most fresh neighborhood stage layout, the most easy French aspect with fewer in a single advertising and marketing campaign within the competitors used to be Marseille in 2013-14 (0).
- Lille own scored with 3.9% of their pictures within the Champions League this season (three out of 78). Coming into this sixth round of neighborhood games, easiest Galatasaray (2.3%) own posted a lower shot conversion rate within the competitors this term.
- Victor Osimhen has netted two of Lille’s three dreams within the Champions League this season, even though each and each games by which he has scored own ended in defeat (1-2 v Chelsea and 1-4 v Valencia).