Cats used to be the vast loser at this year’s Golden Raspberry Awards, which would perchance be given to the year’s worst motion photos.
The widely derided musical used to be given six Razzies, including worst image and worst director for Tom Hooper.
James Corden used to be named worst supporting actor, whereas Insurgent Wilson used to be named worst supporting actress.
The gongs had been attributable to be announced at a stay LA ceremony but as a replace took achieve by the usage of video hyperlink after the tournament used to be cancelled attributable to coronavirus concerns.
The film adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s hit stage demonstrate boasted a large name-studded solid, which also integrated Taylor Swift and Dame Judi Dench.
But its glitzy line-up couldn’t achieve it from its haul of Razzies, which also integrated worst screen combo and worst screenplay.
It follows the panning it got from critics. And that came after Hooper redesigned the characters following an preliminary inferior response correct from its trailer.
Even its stars own since mocked the film, with Insurgent Wilson joking about its failure when presenting awards on the Golden Globes and again when joined by Corden, every in stout cat costumes, on the Oscars.
The film had an estimated funds of $95m (£77m) and has up to now managed to claw assist $74m (£61m) on the worldwide box achieve of work, based mostly on Field Office Mojo.
Hilary Duff’s performance in The Haunting of Sharon Tate earned her the dishonour of being named worst actress, and John Travolta used to be named worst actor for Trading Paint and The Fanatic.
Rambo: Last Blood did no longer shine either, being named worst remake, rip off or sequel, as successfully as “worst reckless dismiss for human lifestyles and public property”.
But Eddie Murphy received the Razzie Redeemer award – honouring a past Razzie recipient who has long past on to bag better work – for his role in Dolemite is My Name.
Winners (losers) in stout:
- Worst image: Cats
- Worst actor: John Travolta for The Fanatic and Trading Paint
- Worst actress: Hilary Duff for The Haunting of Sharon Tate
- Worst supporting actress: Insurgent Wilson for Cats
- Worst supporting actor: James Corden for Cats
- Worst screen combo: Any Two Half-Tom cat/Half-Human Hairballs in Cats
- Worst screenplay: Cats
- Worst director: Tom Hooper for Cats
- Worst remake, rip-off or sequel: Rambo: Last Blood
- Worst reckless dismiss for human lifestyles and public property: Rambo: Last Blood
- Razzie Redeemer: Eddie Murphy for Dolemite Is My Name